1) Is the a direct FTP site or IP I can access to actually view my server files and edit them?
YES! They are your files and you have 100% access to them!
1. Launch your FTP browser
2. enter your address which is ftp://YOUR SERVER IP then enter the port number which is 4365
3. enter your cortex login as your user:ID and your cortex password as password
4. Now hit the connect button
5. You are now connected to the cortex FTP. click instances, then the name of the server to view your files, edit and upload.
2) How do add custom maps and server mods?
Just a note we do not gurantee the stability or reliability of any mods or custom maps. With that being said, GMS does not offer any support for mod or custom map related issues. Please use mods at your own risk!
To upload maps via cortex, click the edit maps button affiliated with your server. Once there scroll down a little and you see a custom maps section. simply hit the browse button and select the map on your pc to upload and click open. Then click the next button, to upload the files. Just like that your map is added to the server. To add your map to your line up, goto the map selection part of edit maps, select the game type, and the select the custom map, click the add button, your map is now entered into your rotation.
Server mods can be uploaded to the server main folder and via cortex or via ftp. To use cortex simply click the browse file button affiliated with your server. Then click the folder icon next to the “main” directory. Once in the main directory scroll down a little and you see a upload files section. simply hit the browse button and select the file(S) on your pc to upload and click open. Then click the upload files button, to upload the files.
3) If I am able to add a server mod, how and by whom is the server command line edited to start the server from the mod and not the stock server cfg’s? (an fs_game command must be added, correct?)
To access your server command line simlply click the edit config button affiliated with your server. Instantly at the top you should see 2 boxes, one for the command line, and the other for command line additions. Its in the command line additions that you want to add your extra commands for your mods to launch. You may insert the commands and remove them as you wish. However when you save your command line it will instantly restart your server. So keep that in mind!
4) How would I access all the cfg’s located inside my server mod? Will they automatically appear in the Cortex?
All files that you upload via FTP or cortex are instantly available. In cortex just click browse files, and then select the folder which you kept your files in. Most cases you can just simply refresh your browser to see them. However no matter what you choose, your ftp client, or cortex, they are instantly available to use!